In preparation for GDPR coming into effect on 25 May 2018, our team at Vocal Views has been regularly following the updates and communications shared by EphMRA, BHBIA, ESOMAR, and ASOCS on this matter. Internal meetings aimed at raising awareness amongst our whole team have been organized, explaining what GDPR means in terms of legislation and ways to stay compliant in our day-to-day operations.
We are reviewing all the internal protocols across various company functions and are already adjusting as needed in terms of privacy notices, consent, and data storage. The core values at the center of GDPR – transparency, accountability, and privacy – have always been core values here at Vocal Views, making for an easy welcome of this new regulation. As a market research agency, it is vital for us to have a robust compliance regime in place.
We at Vocal Views believe GDPR presents an opportunity. It gives businesses the chance to enhance compliance and demonstrate to their customers that their personal data is in safe hands, especially in at a time when privacy is a key concern.
For over a year, we have worked on meeting as many of the compliant requirements as possible and have identified improvements relevant to our business to ensure we are compliant by the spring deadline.
The following are some measures we are taking in our GDPR preparations:
- Creating a robust compliance program.
- Providing additional training to our employees focused on the GDPR and other privacy laws overall.
- Modifying our product development lifecycle to include privacy by design.
- Securing data processing agreements with our vendors and our customers. This includes data transfer agreements to meet the regulatory framework(s).
- Reviewing and updating our policies as appropriate.
- Preparing updated contracts to our vendors including standard contractual clauses
- If you have any queries, please submit a support ticket